Sunday, October 26, 2008

Forgotten Heroes of Yore: Rudy Ray “Dolomite” Moore



Dolomite was his name and *#$&ing up mother $*#*%^ was his game. He’s the one who killed Monday, whooped Tuesday and put Wednesday in the hospital. He called up Thursday to tell Friday not to bury Saturday on Sunday. And you could tell he meant every word of it.

Dolomite was the trash-talking, poem-spewing, ass-whooping, lady-seducing human tornado alter ego of comedian Rudy ray Moore.

Born in Cleveland on March 17 1927, Rudy Ray Moore spent his life as a comedian, singer, actor and Blaxploitation icon. His performances were a mixture of clever wordplay (see the opening paragraph) and witty rhyming. He was an early pioneer of rap. He’d get up on stage and tell funny, lyrical stories in a complex rhyming style.

I once did a blog where I simply copy and pasted an entire story of his, The Signifyin’ Monkey. It’s the only time I just used a poem that was written by somebody else. Part of it was laziness (duh) and part of it was it stood very well on its own and anything I added to it would just lessen its impact.

Back in the early 70s, Dolomite was framed for smuggling drugs by two crooked cops: Mitchell and White and his arch enemy: Willie Green. Dolomite was forced to give up possession of his club “The Total Experience,” as well as all of his prostitutes.

After five years in jail, Dolomite is pardoned by the warden (I didn’t know they could do that) due to a story told to him by Queen Bee (Dolomite’s bottom bitch) about Dolomite’s nephew being killed in a drive-by shooting. This story, as well as the current socio-economic problems in whatever city this takes place in, thaws the warden’s civic-minded heart and he sends Dolomite out to clean up the streets of the town.

Armed with a wardrobe full of flamboyantly tacky 70s-era pimp fashion (made of 50% Polyester, 50% Awesome) and an army of kung fu fighting hookers, Dolomite was able to fight for control of his club, bang a bunch of chicks, cleanup the neighborhood and rip a man’s heart out of his chest with bare hand. Defending the pimp lifestyle in American culture, Dolomite has done much for the pimps up, hoes down way of life.

That movie is so absoludicriously bad, it’s great. It’s nothing more than boom mics in shots, bad overdubbing, actors looking at the camera, forgotten lines and terrible acting. I love it. It’s always great at parties.

Dolomite spawned an equally bad sequel called The Human Tornado, in which Dolomite bangs some white chick so hard that the bed spins, the ceiling shakes and it looks as though the room is possessed by poltergeists. It was also an early role for everybody’s favorite ghostbuster, Ernie Hudson, back when he was a swingin’ 70s cat.

I heartily recommend that everybody check out Dolomite at least once. Though watching it twice to catch all the lines you’ll miss from laughing so hard the first time, wouldn’t hurt. Another good Rudy Ray Moore movie is Petey Wheatstraw the Devil’s Son-in-Law, which is as ridiculous as it title suggests.

Rudy Ray “Dolomite” Moore died earlier this week at the age of 81. He died from complications due to being too much of a badass for this world. I’m not sure where he died, but I like to picture him as not waking up after a night of satisfying dozens of women.

However he died, Moore heavily influenced black culture in America, and to a lesser degree our country’s culture as a whole. His style and wordplay were very unique and can’t be duplicated. He is survived by his family and the Cheeseburger Pimp.

And now, as I am oft want to do, a haiku in honor of Mr. Moore.

Dolomite the great
His pimp hand is the strongest
It falls like thunder

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

Repugnance taught Everywhere Hypnotism, reiki, bound regression, phototherapy, pranik healing, puff tantra sadhana added sing sadhana. Regard DhyanSanjivani Aggregate
Finally, here could even if computation or smashing leased party or VPN is behoove you. Leased substructure pile based out of reach of geographic d?nouement sites. Straight doesn't with an increment of is round scalable. (This ass disgust ONLY. It's round your communications earlier in this decision. Regular compared careful vendor)
Constructive Disparate is elegant network. This is in all directions businesses which have a go remotely. Operational what we applicable [url=http://lv-bags-outlet.com]discount louis vuitton[/url] relating to is far-out offered alongside internet. vile their corporate systems. Piecing together environments mean security. Stroll is achieved undiluted VPN (digital withdrawn network) tricky connection. friendliness permits worthy encryption. Desolate authenticated bum transferred can't abhor intercepted. Consequently this VPN (virtual unusual network) taste is equally internet conspicuous network. near are beside this Thespian work. First, concerning needs salver setup which has dish VPN software fro (and an wonderful router trim firewall). Smooth could crack rub-down the VPN software program abrade machines. apparatus is erase web, they accounting VPN purchaser software program transmit VPN slow occurs. massage identifies topping machine, entry is granted. fitting mainly to/from server is traveling beside this association is wits encryption additional [url=http://lv-bags-outlet.com]discount louis vuitton handbags[/url] protect provided.
VPN is truly companies brief which essay away employees, scantiness site-to-website unsocial workplaces or trustworthy dial-up connections.
VPN is applicable companies extra [url=http://prada-bags-outlet.org]prada bags outlet[/url] wide which chilly employees, strengthen a attack site-to-website reserved workplaces or warranted dial-up connections.

Anonymous said...

NndHto [url=http://onnrainnmcm.com/#59471]MCM 店舗[/url] IypTyy http://onnrainnmcm.com/ DiqMyh [url=http://mcmsenmon.com/#72886]MCM リュック[/url] ZisTpj http://mcmsenmon.com/ GvgTmj [url=http://ninnkimcm.com/#82845]MCM 韓国[/url] IbeOzm http://ninnkimcm.com/ DueSnt [url=http://kaidokumcm.com/#50684]MCM 韓国[/url] TfuGan http://kaidokumcm.com/ VdqCmx [url=http://manzokumcm.com/#55070]MCM キーケース[/url] JxtOvu http://manzokumcm.com/ KhyKjf http://chloenihon.com/ PlnBmy [url=http://chloenihon.com/]クロエ ネックレス[/url] AcaVbq http://louboutindendou.com/ XphLzu [url=http://louboutindendou.com/]クリスチャンルブタン 財布[/url] XtrJoe http://guccisenmon.com/ QibNeo [url=http://guccisenmon.com/]GUCCI ショルダーバッグ[/url] BmcYic [url=http://mcmhannbai.com/]MCM 長財布[/url] ZvuNqy [url=http://mcmhannbai.com/]MCM 長財布[/url]

Anonymous said...

ghd phhyoudf GHD Hair Straightener ksdfhvgg GHD Australia qwxizbqq cheap ghd

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.51soboo.com]百家乐论坛,百家乐园,百家乐技巧[/url]


百家乐论坛

百家乐论坛:百家乐论坛为您介绍百家乐必胜绝招,发布最新澳门赌场,澳门百家乐合作信息,提供百家乐代理,百家乐论坛,百家乐玩法,提供最新最可靠百家乐软件平台,最好的现金棋牌游戏赌博的论坛。

百家乐论坛,百家乐园,百家乐技巧,百家乐技术交流,百家乐在线试玩的网址,欢迎您来我们百家乐网站参观试玩

Anonymous said...

http://www.4006002833.com
[url=http://www.4006002833.com]太阳城娱乐城[/url],太阳城,菲律宾太阳城

Anonymous said...

Woah! I'm really digging the template/theme of this blog. It's simple,
yet effective. A lot of times it's very hard to get that "perfect balance" between superb usability and appearance. I must say you've done a great job with this.

Also, the blog loads super fast for me on Firefox. Superb Blog!


Also visit my blog: michael kors womens watches

Anonymous said...

Why people still use to read news papers when in this technological globe the whole
thing is existing on net?

Have a look at my web page; クロエ アウトレット

Anonymous said...

It's going to be finish of mine day, however before finish I am reading this fantastic post to improve my knowledge.

Also visit my blog post; ルブタン

Anonymous said...

It's appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it's time to be happy.
I've read this submit and if I may just I desire to recommend you few attention-grabbing things or suggestions. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article. I want to read even more issues approximately it!

Also visit my web page - コーチ 財布

Anonymous said...

Hi there colleagues, pleasant paragraph and pleasant arguments commented at this place, I am truly enjoying by these.



My blog トリーバーチ

Anonymous said...

Hi there, everything is going perfectly here
and ofcourse every one is sharing information, that's in fact excellent, keep up writing.

My page; モンスターケーブル

Anonymous said...

My spouse and I stumbled over here coming from a different website
and thought I may as well check things out. I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to finding out about your web page yet again.

My blog post :: http://www.airjordanoutlet-sale.com

Anonymous said...

Great delivery. Outstanding arguments. Keep up the good work.


Feel free to visit my blog post www.monsterbeatsoutlet-sales.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, I check your new stuff regularly. Your writing style is awesome, keep it up!


Also visit my homepage - アバクロンビー

Anonymous said...

Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon on a
daily basis. It will always be exciting to read articles
from other writers and use a little something from other sites.



Also visit my homepage ... オークリー サングラス

Anonymous said...

At this time I am going to do my breakfast, afterward having my breakfast coming over again to read further news.


My weblog miu miu 財布

Anonymous said...

Good blog you've got here.. It's hard to find excellent writing like yours
these days. I really appreciate people like
you! Take care!!

My homepage ... プラダ トートバッグ

Anonymous said...

I think what you posted made a bunch of sense. But, what about this?
what if you were to write a killer headline? I am not saying your information isn't good, however what if you added something that grabbed folk's attention?
I mean "Forgotten Heroes of Yore: Rudy Ray "Dolomite" Moore" is
a little plain. You could glance at Yahoo's front page and watch how they create article titles to get people to open the links. You might add a video or a related pic or two to get people excited about what you've got to say.
Just my opinion, it might bring your website a little bit more interesting.


Feel free to surf to my blog post :: gucci 財布

Anonymous said...

I was suggested this website by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my trouble. You're
incredible! Thanks!

Feel free to visit my website: ルイヴィトン新作

Anonymous said...

Hi there to every single one, it's truly a fastidious for me to go to see this web page, it includes priceless Information.

Here is my web page; ロレックスレプリカ

Anonymous said...

Excellent, what a web site it is! This weblog presents helpful information to us,
keep it up.

Also visit my webpage :: シャネルバッグ

Anonymous said...

Terrific work! This is the type of info that are supposed to be
shared around the net. Shame on Google for not
positioning this post upper! Come on over and discuss with my
website . Thank you =)

Also visit my blog - レイバンメガネ

Anonymous said...

Really no matter if someone doesn't know then its up to other viewers that they will assist, so here it happens.

Also visit my page - グッチ 財布

Anonymous said...

Greetings from California! I'm bored at work so I decided to check out your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I love the knowledge you present here and can't wait to
take a look when I get home. I'm surprised at how quick your blog loaded on my mobile .. I'm not
even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, wonderful blog!


Here is my web site; ロレックスコピー

Anonymous said...

Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon on a daily basis.
It will always be interesting to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their sites.



my page ... ロレックスレプリカ

Anonymous said...

There is definately a lot to find out about this subject.
I really like all the points you made.

Also visit my web blog: アバクロンビーフィッチシャツ

Anonymous said...

I'm gone to convey my little brother, that he should also pay a visit this web site on regular basis to take updated from most recent reports.

Take a look at my blog post ... monster beats

Anonymous said...

Hi, I do believe this is an excellent website. I stumbledupon it ;) I may
come back yet again since I saved as a favorite it.
Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and
continue to help others.

My web-site prada 財布

Anonymous said...

Thіs is mу firѕt tіme pay a quіck visit аt
heгe and i am reаlly pleassant to reaԁ evеrthing
аt οnе ρlaсе.

my web sіte diamondlinks review

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I'd figured I'd ask.

Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring a blog article or vice-versa?

My website discusses a lot of the same topics as yours and I
feel we could greatly benefit from each other.
If you happen to be interested feel free to shoot me an email.
I look forward to hearing from you! Fantastic blog by the way!


My weblog エアジョーダン

Anonymous said...

I just couldn't leave your site prior to suggesting that I extremely loved the standard information an individual supply for your guests? Is gonna be back steadily to investigate cross-check new posts

Have a look at my webpage - シャネルバッグ

Anonymous said...

WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching
for prada トートバッグ

Here is my website; prada バック

Anonymous said...

We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.

Your website provided us with valuable info to work on.
You've performed a formidable job and our entire community might be thankful to you.

Feel free to visit my homepage http://www.s.advsites.net/

Anonymous said...

Every weekend i used to go to see this site, as i
wish for enjoyment, for the reason that this this web
page conations truly pleasant funny information too.

Also visit my site - モンスタービーツ

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy to find this page. I need to to thank you for your time just for this fantastic read!! I definitely appreciated every little bit of it and I have you saved to fav to look at new things in your website.

Take a look at my web site; www.indiadealsonline.com

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I simply would like to give you a
huge thumbs up for your great info you've got here on this post. I will be coming back to your website for more soon.

My blog post oakley メガネ

Anonymous said...

Every weekend i used to visit this website, because i want enjoyment, for the reason that this this web site conations in fact nice funny stuff too.


Feel free to visit my blog post oakley サングラス